Dr. Anne Burke graduated from DCU with a first class honours MSc degree in the Management and Application of Information Technology in Accounting in 1999. Prior to her academia Anne, a qualified Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (ACCA), enjoyed an 11 year career as an accountant in the public sector where her work involved auditing, financial accounting and the implementation of SAP and Agresso ERP systems. Anne joined LYIT in 2001 as a lecturer in the Department of Business Studies. Since joining in 2001, she has acted as Head of Department of the Department of Law and Humanities for 2 years and she is currently senior lecturer in the Department of Business Studies. She pursued and graduated with a PhD around Information Systems Strategic Alignment under the supervision of Dr. Joe McDonagh in Trinity College Dublin.
Research, Innovation & Engagement
Anne currently lectures on the MBS in Innovation and Leadership in the area of Corporate Governance and on the MSc in Leadership and Innovation in the Public Service in the area of Change Management and Organisational Culture. Anne was previously the programme co-ordinator for both of these programmes. She is also a Non-Executive on the Board of Directors of a number of Not for Profit Organisations. Anne’s research interests include Information Systems Strategic Alignment, Processual Research and Corporate Social Responsibility. Her most recent outputs are included below:
- Burke, A & McDonagh, J (2018) Reflections on the Impediments to Strategic Alignment Identified Through a Processual Lens, 11th IADIS International Conference on Information Systems, Lisbon, Portugal, 14-16 April 2018 – Best Qualitative Paper Award
- Burke, A & McDonagh, J (2018) A Phased Model of Information Systems Strategic Alignment in Public Sector Organisations, Irish Academy of Management 2018 Conference, UCC Cork, 3rd – 5th September 2018 – Best Paper Award Strategic Management Track
- Burke, A & McDonagh, J (2017) Impediments to the Alignment of Business and Information Systems Strategies in Public Service Organisations: A Processual View, 17th European Academy of Management Conference, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland, 21-24 June, 2017 – Best Paper Award Strategic Management Track
- Burke, A & Kearns, J (2015) Industry Collaboration And Higher Education Institutions: Experiences In Working Collaboratively In Executive Education Curriculum Design At A Higher Education Institution in Ireland, 9th International Technology, Education and Development Conference, Madrid, 2nd – 4th of March 2015
- Burke, A. (2015) Corporate Social Responsibility in Ireland: A Snapshot, Corporate Social Responsibility in Europe: United in Sustainable Diversity Publisher Springer International Publishing Switzerland: 17-37